Tuesday 10 September 2013

NYFW Half Moon



Hi everyone! 

Over the last week I have been hooked on looking at all the coverage from New York Fashion Week, and all the collections - especially Elie Saab's A/W Haute Couture collection - are so stunning! 

But one thing that has really caught my eye is actually the simplicity of the nail art... most designers from Alexander Wang to DVF all opted for simple, classic and chic nails mainly using nudes, white, and sometimes a hint of gold or grey. Seeing all the fabulous pictures has rekindled my love for nude nails as i've been stuck over summer in going for a more floral design so this is something really understated and plain for me....

.. but surprisingly I love it - it's such a simple design but looks really effective!

The 'Half Moon' has been a popular trend amongst nail junkies over the last couple of months and it is such an easy look to achieve! (which is why I haven't done a step by step picture tutorial!)

Heres how I achieved the look;

1) Paint your base colour.. I chose my favourite nude which is Barry M 'Lychee' from their hi-shine gelly range. This is such a gorgeous colour and only took 1 coat for full opacity!

2) Then using a white nail art pen - I chose my trustee Models Own one but any will work -  draw a line along the cuticle at the base of the nail, and then draw your outline of a semi circle (it's up to you how big you want the semi circle shape.. I normally go for about 1/4 the way up the nail) and then simply just fill in the shape with the white paint..

.. and thats it!!

So quick to do but I think it's a nice modern twist on the classic french manicure, and pays perfect homage to NYFW in just two simple steps! ..

This would also look great with a gold glitter as your half moon, and even black against the nude!

I hope you all enjoy this tutorial!

Sophie x

4 comments:

  1. i really love barry m lychee, but i havent got round to buying it as i have many colours which are to similar :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i know what you mean, i debated wether to buy it at first because i had so many neutral colours which were similar.. but honestly you should definitely go out and buy it!! it looks so different on compared to my others, its just mega glossy and has amazing coverage! for £3.99 its worth buying.. you can never have too many nail varnishes aha! ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree this would be uber cute with gold half moons.

    I like your nail art. I occasionally dabble in nail art, so its fun to see what others are doing.

    -C.C.
    http://rosecolored-telescope-eyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete