Friday 20 September 2013

Bird print tutorial




 Hi everyone!

Today i've got a super easy nail art design for you all that only takes 2 quick steps...





All you need for this pattern is your chosen base colour - i've gone for 'Cream Soda' from Ciate which is a gorgeous pale grey with blue undertones - and some bird shaped nail stickers. I'm using the stickers out of a little kit from Bourjois I picked up a while ago. I think it was a free gift when you spent so much on their products, but you can easily get your hands on some stickers from places like ebay or amazon..



So firstly paint your base colour....



Then once your nails are 90% dry (you'll want them a tiny bit tacky still so that you can press the sticker gently into the polish to make sure none of the edges stick up) place a sticker on each nail.. I found it easiest to use a pair of tweezers to pick up each sticker and gently position and press into the polish..

And it's that easy!

All you have to do then is seal with a top coat and your done! This literally took me about 15 minutes, its so simple and is a lot easier than trying to paint the birds on free hand!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, 

Sophie x

5 comments:

  1. I have the same nail art kit and I think it's great! And that nail polish looks just right with the stickers? By the way, what did you use to take the photo with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! this was the first time i'd used this kit, don't know why it took me so long to finally use it!

      I use a Nikon Coolpix L310 Bridge camera for my photos.. they aren't the best quality photos, and sometimes they turn out a lot better but sometimes not so good. I would love to buy a DSLR but i just can't afford one at the moment :( xx

      Delete
  2. This is so simple yet it looks so good! I've never used nail stickers before.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      this is the first time i've used stickers as i normally just use nail art pens for all my patterns but they are so quick and easy to work with! xx

      Delete
  3. The combination is really good and simple, your results came out better than mine - I kept on breaking the stickers! I'll try tweezers next time! :)

    http://blogaboutnailaddict.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete