Monday 26 August 2013

Peach Meringue Vintage Floral



Hi everyone, 

For my first nail art tutorial I thought I'd do something that's simple and quick to do, and seen as the sun is deciding to shine today, I've gone for a pretty summer floral pattern which I hope you'll all like! 




For this tutorial, I chose Models Own 'Lemon Meringue', my all time favourite 'Fuzzy Peach' and 'Aciiid'. These colours work so well together and are perfect to give this nail art pattern a vintage feel, but so many different colour combinations would work perfect for this!



Start by painting your base colour.. I find with most models own nail varnishes you only need 2 coats to get it fully opaque. 


Once you've done this, select a second colour and using the brush that comes in the bottle (you can use a finer nail art brush if you find that easier) paint random blobs of colour onto the nail - just be sure to leave enough room the do the leaves!


Then, grab yourself a nail art pen that's slightly darker than the flower colour - for this I chose my red Rio nail art pen (if you don't have the colour you want in a nail art pen, then you can always dip a cocktail stick or thin brush into a nail varnish).. and using your pen paint on random flecks around the edge, and a couple of flecks in the middle of the flower to mimic the petals on a rose..


This step is optional.. if you prefer you can just stick to one colour for the flecks of the petals, but I always like to use my trusted models own white nail art pen just to add a couple more as I find it adds a bit more depth to the flower.


Grab yourself whichever green you like and paint a couple of leaves on each flower. Don't worry about being that neat for this part as I tend to find that the 'rougher' the leaves, the more realistic they look. For this I just used the brush in the bottle but use whatever you find easiest to work with..


Last but not least, if you have a green nail art pen then you can also add a few flecks to the leaves to add a bit more detail..

Once your done, seal with your favourite topcoat and your good to go! 

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial!

Thank you for taking the time out to read it,

Sophie x

(p.s. drop me a comment below with any suggestions, and tweet/instagram me a picture if you tried this pattern out for yourself!)


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! 'Fuzzy Peach' is one of my favourites too :) I have a feeling your nail polish and nail art pen collection is pretty much identical to mine... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! i love 'fuzzy peach' so much, i really need to wear it more aha!
      Yep i bet our collections are similar! I'll do a post in the next few weeks of my collection, so you can have a peek then :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Stunning, well done for setting the blog up, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I was really nervous doing my first tutorial, i hope it looks okay!
      Thank you for following me on GFC aswell, i really appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the design, it's a perfect first post Floral nails - the floral bandit :) And it's a gorgeous manicure too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing, I really want to try this out - you make it look so easy, I'm pretty sure my unsteady hand would mess them up!

    Scarlett x
    scarlettlondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you!

      It's so easy to do, i'm sure if you try it yours will look fab too! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I need your nails i'm so glad you started blogging
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous! Might give it a go myself aha :)

    http://caroline-xo.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are ridiculous! They looks so good! I'm a nightmare with nail art :( I have jerky hands and they manage to just smudge everything haha, very jealous. I can't wait to see more from you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much!
      i'm sure you'd be able to do these (they look better when there slightly messy anyway ;) ) xxx

      Delete
  8. oh my gosh, these are so beautiful, I thought it was a professional stock photograph at first! If only I had the time and patience to do this! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww, i love he colour schemes you used! have you thought of posing this too the models own fb page? im sure theyll love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! :-)
      I haven't posted this one to their facebook wall yet, i've tweeted it to them, along with many others in the past aha!
      thank you again!

      Delete